Ikkicon 2018

Hello all and happy new year! It is 2019, boy how does time fly. And as part of my holiday break, Ikkicon was attended, and oh man, they really did improve from last year! Everything was streamlined. So first and foremost I had a blast this year. The panel selection was terrific, a lot of them catching my interests. However, I didn't get to attend all the ones I wanted because I got caught up doing other fun activities.



The panels I did attend were primarily voice actor panels and the directing panel. It was really great hearing the tips for voice acting from Mega Mike and what goes into casting, scripting and dubbing anime with Lisa Ortiz and Tia Ballard. A very informative panel of what goes into producing not just anime, but animated shows in general.

Speaking of panels, my two panels, Anime figures and Let's talk Mecha were fun and had a blast talking with all the people who attended. Next con I head to, I'm going to rework. Let's talk Mecha to a more genre explaining panel. But that is for the future. If you enjoyed Anime figures, let me know, and let the convention know and I'll be more than happy to do the panel again. But that was not all, for due to some circumstances, I helped run the Fate/Stay panel, and helped out the guys at Hyperdevotion Panels with there Anime Abandoned panel and Password (a game show from the 60s with an anime twist!). Definitely check them out, they have some awesome things going on!

Speaking of panels and so on, a good chunk of my time was spent in the board game/TCG room being hosted by Dragon's Layer. I had a blast playing the games in there. As well made an awesome friend who introduced me to some enjoyable and impressive games!

One thing I'd like to give a shout out to was the Otaku Mart. They introduced me to a new drink that I love so much now and compliments the holy melon bread I try to buy at every con.

Another aspect at Ikkicon I really want to talk about is the cosplay repair booth. That booth was a lifesaver! My ODST armor busted due to me forgetting to secure a couple of straps. Thankfully they were able to help fix it up.

And the break room. A great place to charge your phone. Really relaxing and had a nice assortment of manga.

Now let's talk about guests. After waiting in a crazy long line, I was able to get autographs from the voice actors, Lisa Ortiz, Tia Ballard, Sarah Natochenny, Greg Ayres, and finally Beau Billingslea. It was a real honor to meet them!
The dealer's room was good. Had things that piqued my interest. Mostly characters from the anime Kantai collection, but I did pick up a few other things.



And these two Laid Back Camp plush pillows I bought a vendor in the artist alley.
All snuggly on my bed. SECRET SOCIETY BLANKET!
Check out Applekid's work. You can buy your own pair of campers or find something else. She has a super cute art style. 
Another artist I want to give a shout out to is my friend at Allkindsofyes. He has some excellent work! 

Also nice to see these anime cars. 



And what is a convention without cosplays?




 Check out Miyaku on Instagram.






 Check out Mishamai on Instagram.








Check out Kisses Cosplay on Instagram. 





Overall had a fantastic time at Ikkicon. I want to give props again to the Ikkicon staff for streamlining the badge pick up and the prop check. One thing I wish I were able to do was the DDR again, but sadly it wasn't there this year. The staff was friendly, the people were excellent, and the guest was an honor to meet.
From walking in on day one, to the closing ceremony and visiting the Otaku mart every day there for food. I had a fun time. New friends and all.
I can't wait till next year, so until next then.



- Zeroconvoy

Comments