Robotech Anniversary Blind Box

Hello all! Got a short review today. Looking at a blind box from Robotech. So to make a long story short I watched Macross, I know nothing about Robotech, but Macross is one of the few anime shows that were taken over in the 80's to make Robotech. So with that, some Robotech merch is Macross merch. So let's take a look at this blind box.

The box is a decorated with a VF-1S Valkyrie on the front. While it may look like Roy Fokker's custom it doesn't have the skull emblem on the chest. And across the head is the name Robotech.


The other picture on the box is what you could possibly get from the blind box.
Across the top from left to right, Destroid Tomahawk, VF-1A (Max Custom), Hikaru Ichijo.
Across the bottom from left to right, VF-1S (Roy Fokker Custom), VF-1J (Millia Custom), Zentradi Battle Pod.

The one I want the most is the Destroid Tomahawk. I love that thing!
The rest of the box is just a repetition of these two photos.

But now let's open it up and hope we are lucky!


Well not what I wanted but hey I got the VF-1S!


But right off the bat, there is no assembly to this figure, everything comes assembled.

Here is a 360 shot of the figure.




Honestly, that is about this for the figure. This figure has no articulation, pretty static and that's it. But we can take a look at the details this figure has.


The clear green visor is a very nice touch. Honestly one of my favorite things about this figure.

The skull on the chest is very well detailed and even pops out.

The U.N. Spacy logo is displayed boldly on the gunpod.

As for the rest of the figure, it has very nice details here and there that honestly, I'm surprised to see.





Then the size comparison.

Here it is next to the Revoltech VF-1S


and the VF-1S Action figure from the 15th anniversary.



The figure is pretty big while being a brick I think it is a nice desktop figure if anything. My only real complaint about it is 1. I wish it had a bit of articulation if anything the antenna' being able to move around. And two, this copyright made in China logo on the back of the head. It just annoys me seeing it on the back of the head like this. Kind of breaks the immersion.



But other than that, the figure is good. I picked it up from a local store called Toy Dojo. I got this and another VF-1S figure (which I'm working on the review right now). If you want one drop on by Toy Dojo.



But until then, this has been Zeroconvoy.

Comments