Two Car Special Figure: Megumi Meguro

Hello everyone! Today I bring you a short review. As this figure is a statue from the company FuRyu. This statue is based on the character Megumi Meguro from the anime Two Car or Two Car: Racing Side Car. Two Car is a sports anime that shows off the sports Sidecar. If you are like me and never heard of that sport then I'll do a quick explanation. Two Car is where you have two racers, one driver, and one handler. The motorcycle they drive is extremely light, only having the minimum to work. The handler is in charge of making sure the motorcycle can turn. Megumi is the handler of the duo main characters. Her partner Yuri is the driver.

The anime itself is about two girls who are in the Two Car club and are very competitive with each other over the affection of there coach. As well as racing against other racers. While the anime is good, not the best it was enjoyable, but it can be pretty slow in places. But the statue is!

Well, let's find out!

Starting off with the box.




 The box looks pretty nice, so let's open it up!


This is how the figure looks coming out of the box...in bubble wrap. I honestly can't think of another figure I've had in bubble wrap.

And the only assembly with the figure.

And here she is, fully assembled.




Because there isn't any articulation with this figure, I'm just going to do a slideshow of the figure.







And here is a closeup of the head.



And for a quick size comparison, here is Sega's Akagi from Kancolle Collection.
So overall, this figure this figure does capture Megumi and is pretty simple. While I think her being in her school uniform is nice, I would have liked it better if she was in her racing outfit but this I guess to appeal to a broader audience. I'm not sure, but considering this is a racing anime. The figure is alright, in my opinion, the sculpting, and everything is good, but I just honestly think she is just a bit plain.

Going off on a quick tangent, I can't seem to find the other girl, Yuri, her driver. I googled it and found a dead link for a listing on HLJ. So...I have no clue, but if you are a fan of this show, you may want to pick up this figure. Looks like this is one of the few forms of merchandise of this show.

So, until next time


 - Zeroconvoy


Comments