Tamashii Buddies Sailor Jupiter

Hello everyone! Here with a new review. Today we are looking at the Tamashii Buddies Sailor Jupiter.

So, I don't know much about the series Sailor Moon. I've watched what ever they aired on Toonami way back then. I really don't know much, but I remembered I liked Sailor Jupiter. So I picked this up. So what is the Tamashii Buddies line? I honestly don't have any idea, but it seems to be a line that has figures in Dragon Ball and Sailor Moon. But what I can tell you is how this figure holds up!

Starting off with the box tour!

Front:


Side:
Back:
I'll be honest, the back pretty much shows off all the features that this figure has. If you want to stop here you can, but unlike you I gotta keep writting this. SO HERE I GO!

And here is everything she comes with!
You get...
1x Sailor Jupiter
4x frame parts
1x frame top
1x backdrop

So the figure itself.



And that is honestly about it for the figure. The figure is static, has no areticulation. I do not believe it can be removed from its stand. I tried, but I didn't want to break it. So since it is a static figure, the best thing we can do is look at the figures details.

The color seperation is. alright. Once you start looking close at the details, the paint is eh in various places. LIke it isn't messy, but it isn't clean.
Yet other details, like the hair and the hair pony tail beads are nice, and they did a good job. 
And the detail in the hair is alright, I can't really fault it for being a chibi little thing.
However...
What I can't forgive is this spot on her nose. What is this, I tried whipping it off and it isn't going anywhere. This spec is here to stay and honeslty it bugs me. I can kind of forgive the sloppy paint job on the dress and so on, its a small figure, but a spec, THIS SPEC! ITS BOTHEREING ME, AND IT IS RIGHT ON THE TIP OF HER NOSE! 

Oddly enough, her lower half is really well detailed. The skirt design gives a very metalic look to it, but doesn't look too sharp, and the shoes are very well done.
Even the backispretty good. Better than the front in terms of paint, and the bow just looks adorable.

Now onto this figures main gimmick.
 You get these frame parts that connect into the base.
Plug them in, make sure to plug them in, in a way that they don't hand off the edge, if you do, then you did it wrong.
Also can't forget the backdrop. So I'll be honest, I'm not really sure what is going on, but I can assume that the side ways 4 is something to do with the planet Jupiter, and lightning because she controls lightning. I think...
Well either eay, and if you are following along with me with your own Tamashii Buddy, then you're going to get upset, because the only wat to put in this backdrop is to take out the frames and literally frame the backdrop with out plugging it in.
After that some what annoying part, you can plug it in, make sure to put the top of the frame on as well.
 Alternativly, if you have more than one Tamashii Buddy, you can stack them. To do this however, you will need to use the extra two frame parts, and remove the top cover.

So final thoughts, there really isn't much to say about this figure. I honeslty don't know why I even have it. There are much better options both articulated and static out there for Sailor Jupiter. I guess if you are a die hard fan of Sailor Moon, or just want a cheap anime figure, I guess this is your thing. But between the messy paint job and the over all EH about the figure, I'll have to give it a pass.

Well till next time.

- Zeroconvoy

Comments